Our care centers offer a wide range of accessible ObGyn services, including routine appointments, preventive screenings, treatment monitoring, and menopause care. No matter your needs, we’re committed to tending to your health and providing exceptional care to the women we serve.
Capital Women’s Care patients can expect the following services, screenings, and tests when visiting one of our care centers:
- Cervical Cancer Screening (Pap Smear)
- A pap smear is performed by brushing the outer and inner layer of the cervix to obtain cells that are then evaluated under magnification. If the cells appear abnormal, further testing is recommended to determine if treatment is required. A pap test is an essential part of keeping up with cervical health. It analyzes cells taken from the cervix and detects if abnormal cells are present.
- HPV testing is recommended at certain intervals to increase the ability to detect cervical abnormalities that may lead to cancer. The specimen required for this test can be obtained at the same time as a pap smear.
- Gynecologic Cancer Screenings
- Gynecologic cancer screenings serve the important purpose of detecting cancer cells early on. If you experience unusual bleeding or pelvic pain, this may warrant additional gynecologic cancer screening. Cancer of the female reproductive organs can occur at the cervix, ovaries, and uterus. The type of screening differs by location. Detection can be done by sonography or endometrial biopsy.
- Bone Density Testing
- Women 50 years of age and older are at more of a risk for losing bone density. Bone density testing helps you diagnose and monitor osteoporosis.
- Mammogram Screenings
- Mammograms are X-ray screenings that check for breast cancer in women. It’s recommended that most women begin mammography screenings at the age of 40.
- STI Testing
- STI testing screens for the presence of sexually transmitted infections. It is recommended that all women 24 and younger have routine STI screening at the time of their annual exam regardless of their perceived STI risk.
Your provider will recommend certain tests based on your age, medical history, and observable symptoms.
Capital Women’s Care has over seventy-five locations in the mid-Atlantic area offering gynecologic care. Most of these services can be performed at all locations, but if not, we can refer you to a provider that does:
- Treatment for UTIs
- Birth control options
- Abnormal bleeding, evaluation and treatment
- Endometriosis care
- Pelvic pain
- Incontinence treatment (may require referral to subspecialist)
- Menopause and perimenopause care
- Wellness visits and more
Quality Care for Women With Specialized Gynecologic Needs
We strive to offer a level of care that reflects the growing diversity of women’s health needs. This is why our team of compassionate providers treats women in the following areas of gynecologic specialization:
- HPV testing and vaccination
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Anovulation or irregular periods
- Menorrhagia or excessively heavy periods
- Amenorrhea or missed periods
- Breast care and examination
For women with one or multiple specialized gynecologic needs, you can rest assured knowing our team is here to support your journey. If you’re experiencing any of these conditions, let one of our gynecologic providers know. This way, we can offer the best course of action and treatment plan.
Our women’s care providers are passionate about ensuring that all patients receive professional, empathetic care. We are deeply committed to serving women beyond traditional ObGyn needs alone. Contact Capital Women’s Care today to schedule your appointment.