Recent News

Man & Woman looking at a pregnancy test in bed

Anyone can face challenges as they begin trying to start a family. However, many couples face monthly disappointment and subsequent negative feelings as their hope to become pregnant is not realized.

Of all U.S. couples trying to conceive, 85% achieve pregnancy within one year, with the greater likelihood of pregnancy occurring within earlier months. That means 15% of couples attempting to conceive, or more than one in every 10 U.S. couples, experience infertility, which is defined as the inability to conceive while having frequent unprotected sex within one year.

Eye exam chart and a woman's eye

April marks the beginning of Women’s Eye Health and Safety Month, a time designated to increasing awareness of the importance of women’s eye health and establishing and maintaining healthy vision care practices.

Woman holding fresh leafy vegetable

Spring’s arrival lets us know that warmer temperatures, longer days, and blooming flowers are finally within reach after shortened gray and cold winter days. We anticipate trading out those heavy sweaters and long fireplace-focused evenings for short-sleeve shirts and backyard barbecues. Plans to clean living spaces of unwanted, unused stuff and clutter is another annual ritual providing great satisfaction after a long winter of hibernation.

Virus pandemic
Do you have an upcoming appointment? Stay informed on the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Endometriosis – Symptoms and Treatment

Woman suffering from endometriosis pain

This month, our women’s health focus centers on endometriosis awareness and education. As we begin National Endometriosis Awareness Month, it is important to be aware of symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options associated with endometriosis, a condition which affects 6.5 million U.S. women, or over 11% of U.S. women age 15 through 44.

Endometriosis primarily afflicts women who are of child-bearing age, making it a prime cause of infertility, as it directly affects one in every two women who face difficulties in becoming pregnant.

How Multiple Sclerosis Affects Women

Woman in a wheelchair in the park

Chances are you’ve heard of Multiple Sclerosis, but did you know that three times more women than men live with the disease, and most of them were diagnosed during childbearing age? That’s why Capital Women’s Care is marking Multiple Sclerosis Education and Awareness Month by sharing facts–and some hope–about MS.

Eating Disorders

This week marks the National Eating Disorders Association’s (NEDA) Eating Disorders Awareness Week. Eating disorders affect 8% of the U.S. population, or 20 million women and 10 million men from all backgrounds and age groups. Body image, poor self-esteem, dieting fads, and body shaming have all contributed to this serious health threat that is gaining momentum within previously unafflicted populations.

Statistics indicate its serious health consequences:

Preventing Prenatal Infections

Prenatal Infection Prevention Month

February is International Prenatal Infection Prevention Month to raise global awareness concerning mother-to-child prenatal infections, of which the most prevalent type is Group B Streptococcus (GBS.)

GBS is the leading cause of infection in babies age three months and younger. It can cause:

10 Ways to be Heart Healthy

Woman with a healthy heart

February focuses on matters of the heart, with its designation as American Heart Month and observance of Valentine’s Day, spotlighting our love for friends and family.

Even with heart health awareness increasing, only 56% of U.S. women realize heart disease is their number-one killer. In 2017 alone 299,578 women lost their lives to heart disease, the cause of one out of five female deaths that year.

New Years 2020 Goals

When setting goals for the coming year, many Americans look to their health. Among the most common New Year’s Resolutions are goals about health and fitness: lose weight, eat healthier, and exercise more. However, as anyone who has ever made a New Year’s Resolution might expect, most resolutions fizzle out by mid-February. So, if your resolution energy is starting to flag or you are a bit late in setting your goals this year, try something else. Most New Year’s Resolutions fail because it is difficult to uphold resolutions without clear or concrete goals attached to them.


Subscribe to Front page feed

Our Mission

The providers of Capital Women's Care seek the highest quality medical and ethical standard in an environment that nurtures the spirit of caring for every woman.


Go to top